About The Breather
The Breather is a drug-free, evidenced-based Respiratory Muscle Training (RMT) device. With separate dials to adjust the resistance to airflow during both inspiration and expiration, The Breather trains inspiratory and expiratory muscles independently.
By increasing respiratory muscle strength and endurance, The Breather allows you to breathe more deeply and easily, meaning your whole body can function just a bit better. Designed for use by seniors age 60+, respiratory impaired adults, and children age 8-16. With almost 40 years of clinical history in the USA, The Breather is now available in the EU.
Benefits of Respiratory Muscle Training
RMT optimized blood flow to working muscles, increasing performance capacity and extending limits of exercise.
Respiratory Muscle Training improves the strength of the diaphragm, as well as other respiratory muscles, while maximizing lung function.
Respiratory Muscle Training strengthens your cardiac system and circulation, reducing blood pressure, and improving sleep.
RESPIRATORY MUSCLE TRAINING:
- Inspiratory muscles: diaphragm, external intercostals, accessory muscles of neck.
- Expiratory muscles: internal intercostals, abdominals.
- Promotes diaphragmatic breathing.
- Generates improved airflow through vocal folds.
- Reduces shortness of breath.
- Improves blood flow to resting and exercising limbs
- Helps in movement of hyolaryngeal complex.
- Improves respiratory support for safe swallow function.
- Improves protective cough and assists in airway clearance.
Introducing The Breather
RESPIRATORY IMPAIRED RANGE: -52 cmH2O to +31 cmH2O
HEALTHY ADULT RANGE: -243 cmH2O to +126 cmH2O
SETTINGS: 6 Inspiratory, 5 Expiratory
DIMENSIONS: 129 x 43 x 46mm
WEIGHT: 1.6 oz
USE: Single User Device
All of our products are covered under manufacturer warranty. Please contact us regarding any defective devices. Due to hygiene concerns, returns of used working devices are not permitted.